Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Pumpkin Trivia Contest
1. What is a pumpkin? Fruit or vegetable?
2. How many continents grow the pumpkin?
3. Which continents do not grow the pumpkin?
4. What is the pumpkin capital of the world?
5. What is the claim to fame of this capital?
6. Where did the carving of the pumpkin originate?
7. What other vegetable is or has been carve if a pumpkin is not available?
8. What do the Native American Indians use the pumpkin for?
9. What other colors of pumpkins are grown?
10. How much did the largest pumpkin weigh?
11. Can you eat the flower of the pumpkin?
12. What vitamins are in pumpkin seeds?
13. What do you get if you scoop out a pumpkin, fill it with milk and bake it?
14. What gives the pumpkin the orange color?
This contest will run for the remainder of October. Winner TBA November 1st
Prize? Why, a pumpkin candle, of course!