Sharon's INSPIRATIONAL Short stories of Faith and Romance can be found HERE or visit her
Facebook Page, which also has the links in the comments.)

Friday, June 18, 2010

Two Five Star Reviews for Mask of the Betrayer

I am pleased to announce the first of my reviews for Mask of the Betrayer at Amazon posted by customers. I am truly touched and can't stop smiling! Thank you, Mary and Miss Mae for your fabulous reviews. I blush from your kudos and bow my head in gracious acceptance. To paraphrase a writer whose name escapes me..."When you cannot find the words to express your feelings, a simple thank you will do." Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars
A psycological Thriller To Blow You Away,
June 16, 2010

By Mary R
(Florida)

This review is from: Mask of the Betrayer (Paperback)

I just finished Sharon Donovan's Mask of The Betrayer and it blew me away.
I couldn't put it down and kept thinking. What would I do?????

One of the best reads I have had in an awfully long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars


Have a strong heart and mind when reading this one!, June 11, 2010

By Miss Mae "I read what I write..."

This review is from: Mask of the Betrayer (Paperback)

We know who the villain is right off the bat, so I'm not giving anything away by
telling you that immediately I hated Michael DeVeccio.

He's the nephew of gangster, Carlos DeVeccio (and that guy should've been carted off to the funny farm decades ago!). Carlos raises Michael as his own son and preps him from the age of twelve to take over the DeVeccio Dynasty. He warps Michael's mind into believing that it's fine, needful, and beneficial to kill your competitors, or those who betray you.

Michael as an adult is a cold-hearted killer through and through. He believes himself a god, that the world is there only for his benefit, and his word must always be obeyed. When he decided he needed a son and heir to pass along his brilliance to, he chooses Margot.

I won't go into the seduction here of how he convinces Margot he loves her. You need
to read that to find out for yourself. But she falls for him, hard and fast. Though when news comes out that Michael's last fiancee had been murdered by the serial killer called the Red Rock Slasher, and that Michael is the prime suspect, Margot is soothed by his lying tongue. She becomes his wife, and then she enters Hell.

Have you ever watched a really scary, creepy movie where the heroine is all alone in this spooky house, and goose-bumpy music is playing, and the heroine reaches for a door where the bad guy is lurking, and you're sitting on the edge of your seat screaming, "Don't do it! Don't do it! Don't do it!" That's how you feel throughout this book. You're wanting to tell Margot, "Don't believe him! Run away! Why are you
sticking around?"

And I won't tell you the reasons why she does -- Again, read the book, and find out why.

Could this book become a movie, and Michael DeVeccio the next Freddy Krueger? Oh,
yeah, but don't ask me to watch it. The book terrified me all by itself.

MMASK OF THE BETRAYER

BUY LINK:


ebook:
http://www.whimsicalpublications.com/books.html

6 comments:

Sharon Donovan said...

Thank you so much, Mary and Miss Mae! I am so thrilled that you gave Mask of the Betrayer such kudos and felt it deserved such high ratings. Please sit and have some drinks on the house. Oliver is placing platters of milk chocolates that are guaranteed to melt in your mouth, along with chocolate chips and chocolate pastries fit for a queen! Everyone, dig in with gusto and celebrate the moment. Ah, yes, Oliver...a cup of that goooooood coffee!
Sharon

Hywela Lyn said...

Congratulations Sharon, those are certainly wonderful reviews, and well deserved. I've just finished reading Mask Of The Betrayer myself, and it's a thriling read, loved it!

Sharon Donovan said...

Thank you, Lyn! Smile. Have some chocolates and here comes Oliver with a cup of Earl Grey with your name on it!
Sharon

Mary Ricksen said...

Good luck Sharon. I soooo enjoyed this thriller!!
I expect tons of good reviews to pop up all over!

Sharon Donovan said...

Mary, thank you for the kudos on my book. Mask of the Betrayer is my first attempt at suspense and there is more to come! Now, allow Oliver to feed you some bon bons. Wink.
Sharon

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.